Director of Nursing and Midwifery Talent Scheme
Please see the Director of Nursing Talent Scheme Information Pack.pdf for more information on the scheme, timings and key dates.
Please note that the cost for this talent scheme has been funded at a national level. However, there is a requirement for any travel or overnight accommodation to be funded by the individual or individual organisation.
The scheme aims to help you explore:
- your career aspirations;
- where you are now and your development needs;
- your aspirations within the Director of Nursing talent pipeline; and
- what you want to get from being on the scheme and what you’ll give back to the system.
- Co-designed recommendations for your career aspirations, current performance and potential (high potential; strong early promise; early promise) (See the Director of Nursing Talent Scheme Information Pack.pdf for more information).
- Career development needs analysis tailored to you.
- If accepted on to the scheme you will be part of the National Director of Nursing talent pipeline. Your progress will be supported, tracked and monitored by local and regional talent forums. The forums will comprise of CEOs and Directors of Nursing from across your region who will oversee the development and deployment of participants on the scheme.
Application is via a CV, application form and line manager/accountable officer endorsement form. Application and endorsement forms can be found below. Once completed please register at https://nhsx.uk/programmes/director-of-nursing where you can upload your completed application. The application form requires some pre-work so please ensure you leave yourself enough time to complete it by 9am, 25th May 2018.
Please note: only complete applications will be accepted so please ensure you provide all required documents with your application.
The Director of Nursing and Talent Midwifery Scheme has a strong commitment to equality and diversity and would encourage applications from eligible candidates who are currently under-represented at senior levels in our workforce.
If your application is successful you will be invited to attend an assessment centre on one of the following dates:
- 11th June and 21st June (North Region)
- 22nd June and 25th June (Midlands & East Region)
- 14th June and 15th June (London Region)
- 6th July and 13th July (South Region)