We are the UK’s independent regulator of treatment using eggs and sperm, and of treatment and research involving human embryos. We set standards for, and issue licences to, centres.
We strive to:
- be an effective regulator commanding stakeholder confidence by ensuring compliance with the law;
- inform patient choice, securely hold personal data and maximising public understanding (of available and developing treatments, embryology research and the HFEA and its role);
- encourage consistently high quality standards of treatment and research in the sector by putting the patient experience first;
- be an effective organisation with strong governance that adds value and reduces bureaucracy;
- ensure the HFEA and the sector keep abreast of new scientific and research developments through continued collaborative working with scientific and professional bodies; and
- recognise and address the needs of the HFEA’s many and varied audiences and specifically to consider the patient experience in all our work.
For further information visit: http://www.hfea.gov.uk/